Other institutions and organizations also play an important role in promoting equal rights and opportunities for women and men:
- State Labour Inspectorate (Valsts darba inspekcija) implements the supervision and control regarding labour relations and protection;
- The Ombudsman (Tiesībsargs) monitors compliance with the principle of equal treatment and promotes the elimination of all forms of discrimination and promotes public awareness of human rights and their protection;
- Central Statistical Bureau collects, processes and analyses statistical information relating to gender equality;
- Society Integration Foundation (Sabiedrības integrācijas fonds) financially supports and promotes equality issues and plays an important role in policy planning and monitoring;
- Media, non-governmental organisations, experts and research institutions, which promote public awareness about gender equality issues are important partners for governmental institution in the development of gender equality policy and gender mainstreaming.