In compliance with the stipulations in the Disability Law the following services are available to persons with disability intended for the minimisation of the consequences caused by the disability:
- a person with the disability of I or II category and a person aged from 5 to 18 years with disability, in compliance with the conclusion by the State Medical Commission for the Assessment of Health Condition and Working Ability (hereinafter - VDEĀVK) on the necessity of special care, is entitled to benefit from the service of an assistant paid by the central budget for the provision of the support for movement and taking care of oneself at preschools, general basic education, vocational basic education, general secondary education and vocational secondary education establishments as of the 1st September 2012;
- a person who is acquiring an education program at a vocational basic education, vocational secondary education or higher education establishment and whose hearing impairment cannot be compensated by employing technical means and for whom, in compliance with a reference by the doctor in charge, the service provider has approved the necessity of using the services of a special interpreter, is entitled to benefit from the service of a special interpreter paid by the state for the purpose of acquiring the educational program. The volume of the services of a special interpreter for the purpose of acquiring the educational program shall not exceed 480 academic lessons per study year per person - as of the 1st September 2011;
- persons with an eyesight disability of I category who do not receive the state benefit for a disabled person in need of a special care - up to the 31st December 2014 - are entitled to receive a benefit for the employment of an assistant for 10 hours a week; the relevant assistant can be chosen by the person herself/ himself. This benefit may not be provided to the persons who stay in long-term social care establishments or prisons - as of the 1st January 2011;
- persons aged up to 18 years for whom the disability has been established for the first time and who live within a family, as well as their legal representatives are entitled to benefit from a psychologist's service paid by the state and amounting to two consultations of 45 minutes each - as of the 1st January 2011;
- a person with the disability of I or II category and a person aged from 5 to 18 years with disability, with the exception of persons who stay in long-term social care establishments or prisons, on the basis of the conclusion by the VDEĀVK regarding the necessity of an assistant, are entitled to benefit from an assistant's service paid by the state in the municipality of their place of residence during a time not exceeding 40 hours per week - as of the 1st January 2013;
- the services of a special interpreter for persons with hearing impairment for the purpose of ensuring communication with other natural and legal entities may be received by a person for whom the hearing impairment cannot be compensated by technical means and for whom, in compliance with a reference by the doctor in charge, the service provider has approved the necessity of using the services of a special interpreter. The services of a special interpreter paid from the central budget may be received for a time period not exceeding 120 hours per year - as of the 1st January 2013.