The amount of the national family allowance depends on how many children who are actually raised receive the benefit.

The State family allowance shall be paid for each child to be raised in the family from the date of reaching the age of one to the age of 16, as well as for a child aged 16 to 20 if he or she is training in a general education or vocational education institution and has not entered into a marriage.

One of the spouses, on the basis of the mutual consent of the other spouse, may receive a national family allowance for all children who are jointly reared, not only for their children.

The amount of family state benefit is:

 for the one child - EUR 25 per month;

for the two child EUR - 100 per month (EUR 50 for each child);

for the three child EUR 225 - per month (EUR 75 for each child);

for the four and more child - EUR 100 per month for each child.

In order to claim the benefit, a specific form of application addressed to the SAA must be completed.
May submit a submission:
• on the portal;
• on-site (if requested for service, a personal identification document (passport or ID card) must be produced);
• electronically (the application must be signed with a secure electronic signature containing the time stamp);
• by post;
• through the competent foreign authority.
An application may be submitted in person to any VSAA customer service centre or to the unified customer service centres of the State and local governments.

If a child learns abroad, the applicant for the family state allowance shall submit a statement of the foreign educational institution to the SAA.
The document issued by a foreign education institution must contain information that the person to whom it was issued learns general education or vocational education during the period specified in the document.
The document issued by a foreign education institution must be accompanied by a translation and must be legalised.
If the document was issued in the European Union, the European Economic Area State or the Swiss Confederation, as well as in the countries of the agreement, Russia, Belarus and Ukraine, it is not necessary to legalise it.

The submission shall indicate the preferred method of receiving the decision.