A merchant who wishes to acquire the status of a competent institution shall submit an application in a form specified in the Ministry of Welfare, attaching the following documents to it:
The following documents shall be appended:
1) a quality system certificate (copy) issued by the quality system certification body;
2) a statement of the employer regarding the employment of a senior specialist for occupational protection and a doctor for occupational diseases, indicating the date, number and time period for entering into employment contracts;
3) documents certifying the knowledge and competence of the staff of the competent institution (university diploma or certificate) (copies);
4) evidence of civil liability insurance of the competent institution in the amount of not less than EUR 28460, which guarantees the covering of losses caused by a fault of the competent institution. If the competent institution uses an insurance policy for the fulfilment of this requirement, it shall indicate separately at least the insurance of the senior professional of occupational protection and the occupational health and occupational disease doctor's responsibility, and in addition to the policy submit a receipt or a bank payment order attesting the payment made for the insurance policy (copy)
5) if the status of the competent authority is to be granted to the merchant unit - the structural scheme of the merchant;
6) a description of the planned job protection services.
The application and the necessary documents may be sent by post, submitted personally or to an e-mail address. Within 10 working days, an official of the Ministry of Welfare shall evaluate the application and take a decision regarding the granting or refusal of the status of the competent authority, or request the submission of additional information.
Receipt of services
Receipt of services according to the application of choice.
If the decision is positive, the Ministry of Welfare shall inform the contact person indicated in the application thereof and shall include the information in the list of competent authorities on the Internet site www.lm.gov.lv within five working days, as well as send the notification for publication in the newspaper Latvijas Vēstnesis. In the case of a negative decision, the Ministry of Welfare shall send an administrative act to the submitter.
The service is free.