In order to receive state social guarantees and support for finding a new job, a person must go to any local office of the State Employment Agency (SEA), register and acquire the status of unemployed person.
An insured person is entitled to unemployment benefit if person:
- has registered with the SEA and acquired the status of unemployed
- the social insurance (employment) length of service is not less than one year and
- the social insurance contributions were paid or had to be paid for at least 12 months during the last 16 months before the date of granting the status
Person also is entitled to unemployment benefit, if person:
- has regained working capacity after a disability,
- cared for a disabled child under 18 years of age.
Unemployment benefit is paid not more than eight months within one year after it has been granted.
More detailed information: